Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Altec Granada Information Sought

  1. #1
    Inactive Member questioner's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi, I have been offered a pair of Altec Granada loudspeakers. I am unable to find any information about these in the UK and was hoping soneone might be able to direct me towards some technical specifications. I would also like to get some idea of what value these have, the cabinets are in excellent condition. Thanks from the UK, ****

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Jim Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    121
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HI Questioner,
    I have never heard the Granada....but I do have its very close cousin, the Santiago. Identical components as the Granada. Outstanding bass response from the 411-8a woofer which is crossed at around 800hz to an 811 horn and 806 compression driver. A great sound experience IMHO.

    The Granada was one of Altecs most attractive designs. I always thought the proportions of the cabinet was very pleasing, not to mention the fret work grill.( I often wonder who came up with the idea of those grills in the first place).

    If you can afford 'em-buy em. You won't be sorry.

    Jim Butler

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.